Celebrity-nudity

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

* Register * FAQ    * Login 

Post subject: [DONE: 09/01/2011] Dump Tread Rating and Thanks
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:58 am 

Have thanks: 106 times
I suggest we dump the thread rating and thanks system.

Here's why. Very few people legitimatly uses it, and some people abuse it to the point it becomes meaningless.

Legitimate "thanks points" seem to be hard to come by. No one bothers. I've seen guys post incredible clips and they're very lucky if they can get a single thanks..... On the other hand, certain people will log in under different names on different computers and rack up thanks points and ratings like candy on Halloween.

Does anyone else find it even slightly offensive that certain people (no names) will hand out thanks points to themselves to the point where, after being here only three weeks, they can outrank great posters (definately not me, but others) who've been here for 7-8 years by more than 100 times?....... Or that a single thread can get so many "thanks" that while it rates at a perfect 100%, it ensures no other thread can ever possibly rate higher than 1-2% since thread rating works on sliding scale (the more he gives himself, the more it takes away from everyone else's thread rating).... except for this guy's other thread which at 20% just happens to be the second higest rated thread by a factor of five.

SIMPLE QUESTION TO THE MEMBERS ON THIS FORUM. LOOKING AT THE STATISTICS OF "THREAD RATING" AND "THANKS POINTS" DO YOU THINK THESE ARE LEGITIMATE NUMBERS TO GAUGE THE POPULARITY OF A PARTICULAR THREAD OR THE VALUE OF PARTICULAR POSTER? HOW MUCH VALUE TO YOU PUT ON THESE NUMBERS?

They were a nice idea and could have been a nice incentive to post if used legitimtaely, but unfortunately you can never underestimate the immaturity of the people on the internet and I don't think they can be used responsibly. I say dump them. They're meaningless and only an incentive to cheat and people have definately used them for that purpose.

Post subject: Re: Dump Tread Rating and Thanks
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:18 am 
CNDB Staff

Have thanks: 57 times
I did get rid of the thread rating, it never "properly" worked anyways as our model really didn't work with the concept as it is.

The "thanks" however, I know some people abuse it, but some people really do use it for real... I know I do. We'll keep it going for now. I appreciate your input! I'll put up an announcement about thanking members -- maybe we can "even the odds" if people know it is really there. I have a feeling some don't even know it exists.

Pauls Mom wrote:
I suggest we dump the thread rating and thanks system.

Here's why. Very few people legitimatly uses it, and some people abuse it to the point it becomes meaningless.

Legitimate "thanks points" seem to be hard to come by. No one bothers. I've seen guys post incredible clips and they're very lucky if they can get a single thanks..... On the other hand, certain people will log in under different names on different computers and rack up thanks points and ratings like candy on Halloween.

Does anyone else find it even slightly offensive that certain people (no names) will hand out thanks points to themselves to the point where, after being here only three weeks, they can outrank great posters (definately not me, but others) who've been here for 7-8 years by more than 100 times?....... Or that a single thread can get so many "thanks" that while it rates at a perfect 100%, it ensures no other thread can ever possibly rate higher than 1-2% since thread rating works on sliding scale (the more he gives himself, the more it takes away from everyone else's thread rating).... except for this guy's other thread which at 20% just happens to be the second higest rated thread by a factor of five.

SIMPLE QUESTION TO THE MEMBERS ON THIS FORUM. LOOKING AT THE STATISTICS OF "THREAD RATING" AND "THANKS POINTS" DO YOU THINK THESE ARE LEGITIMATE NUMBERS TO GAUGE THE POPULARITY OF A PARTICULAR THREAD OR THE VALUE OF PARTICULAR POSTER? HOW MUCH VALUE TO YOU PUT ON THESE NUMBERS?

They were a nice idea and could have been a nice incentive to post if used legitimtaely, but unfortunately you can never underestimate the immaturity of the people on the internet and I don't think they can be used responsibly. I say dump them. They're meaningless and only an incentive to cheat and people have definately used them for that purpose.