Celebrity-nudity

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

* Register * FAQ    * Login 

Post subject: Naked Natives
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:32 pm 
I posted a question about this on a nudity group, and didn't get many answers, but this seems to be a knowledable group, so I thought I'd try it.
I'm looking for movies with topless/naked natives, Island girls, Indians, etc.
Here's some I've seen (and recommend)
The Bounty
Emerald Forest
Ramrodder (aka other titles - Indians in this sleazy soft-core)
Tarzana the Wild Girl - natives and Tarzana
Tarzan the Ape Man -Bo Derek remake, saw it a long time ago, topless natives

Does anyone have any info on any of these:

Scarlet Letter (Demi Moore remake - Indian squaws?)
I seem to remember a movie with Marlon Brando, where he was on a tropical Island (some connection to his wife/daughter, and maybe he bought the Island???) - some excellent topless footage
The Mission (or a similar, recently released movie about S.America or some other primitive area - natives/Indians topless)
I saw either 1492 or Christopher Columbus and it had the nices topless Indians in several scenes - but the movies are very similar and I don't know which one it was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:08 pm 
12-string

Location: Mumbai West (the Unofficial Home of Padmini Kolhapure)
Have thanks: 16 times
The early 90s Mexican film "Cabeza de Vaca" (released in the US by Roger Corman's company and broadcast numerous times on PBS) is much superior to and includes better skin than either of the Columbus films.

See also the tv mini (avail on video/DVD and occasionally broadcast essentially uncut on basic cable) "Shaka Zulu."

There's the 60s "Revenge of the Virgins," with a tribe of 6 or 7 topless Indian girls fighting off evil prospectors in 1870s California.

Disclaimer: I saw a magazine spread on this from the 60s, which is what inspired me to buy the movie (VIdeo Dimensions VHS release). This version at least is extremely tame, was recorded in LP mode (for $14.95 no fucking less!) and the movie is crappy enough that I've never tried any of a couple of other video releases of it, ie, SWV and elsewhere, to see if they were any better versions. The women are mostly cute titsy 60s types, several blonde, and they scamper around and occasionally dance, but in the Vid Dimensions release you see a lot less of them (long wigs look pasted down in many scenes) than the mag spread featured.

"After School" (late 80s), a pretty damn weird lowbudgeter, has frequent flashbacks to the life of a prehistoric tribe, in which all the women wear nothing but little prehistoric skirts or thong kini bottoms. Shots could have been held longer and maybe dollied in a little closer here and there, but they flashback to it at frequent intervals. Re: other threads on this board, there are I think 2 tribeswomen who appear to be genuinely in later stages of pregnancy, and in the cavepeople funeral scene, boy, that little cavegirl is either quite petite or else about 12 yrs old, based on the upright firmness of her titties and the way all the other chicks tower above her. (I have an Indian film, "Kama Sundari," in which showing her this movie on VHS is one of the means used to corrupt a decent Indian virgin, but if this did the trick, she can't have been that decent to begin with.)

"Papillon" is another. It's on Turner Classic Movies tonight, if you get it, letterboxed &c, and re-runs tomorrow. Fairly near the end STeve McQueen escapes from the penal colony of French Guiana and takes shelter among a village of jungle Indians, of whom the cutest girl (a slightly 18+ Hollywood chick of Indonesian ancestry) is generously seen in jungle thong and nothing else. Not bad at all considering the PG rating it drew at a time when a nipple usually meant R.

"Hawaii" has some footage of topless island girls, especially in the two long sequences of greeting the ships. More of this is in the "restored" version on MGM-UA video than in the earlier version on Fox video, but little of it is lingering or exploitative, if you will. Probably the longest-held shots of this sort actually involve (she's gotta be seriously underage -- 13, 14) little island girl Lorelani S Chicarell, whose barely training bra-worthy tits are shown quite often during the scene about midway, where Richard Harris' ship lands on the island.

Those are just a few which occur to me. There's a lot more of this stuff. Topless jungle girl movies pioneered with the mid-50s "Liane, Jungle Goddess" (Liane, Maedchen aus dem Urwald), with a blonde German teenager as a female Tarzan. Most of her skin scenes are rather quick and peeky, but it also included a fair amount of ethnological footage of topless African women. There were a couple of sequels I've never seen, one of which starred Catherine Schell from the old "Space 1999" series in her starlet days. In the late 60s there were a bunch of them, "Tarzana" and several others, none available in the US that I know of. Of course these were largely chances to ogle naked white girls in junglekini bottoms.

In the 70s there were all those cannibal pix, set in exotic jungles. Most, I think, had some nudity of this sort, though frankly the only one I ever watched (a Deodato pic I saw at the drive-in during the 70s) turned my stomach from the animal atrocities and I have never pursued the genre. I haven't watched my off-air dub of "Tennessee Buck" in a while and don't remember if the native extras show tits or if it's just Kathy Shower and those impressively-nippled rebuilds.

"Quest for Fire" is mostly Rae Dawn Chong as a nearly nekkid cave girl; the tv version that played pay-cable is not overly generous with clear nude shots of her, as I recall, not having seen it since the late 80s.

All these are off the top of my head and without access to a text file on my other computer which tried to prelim-filmography the "Naked Jungle Girl" genre.

"It's only a movie, Ingrid."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:34 am 

Have thanks: 2 times
"At Play in the Fields of the Lord" features Daryl Hannah, Tom Berenger, and dozens of South American natives nude. (Down-side: Kathy Bates is also nude.)

Post subject: My New Hero
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:55 pm 
Thanks 12-String, you're my new hero. That gives me plenty to look for, but I'm sure I'll draw a blank on most of those. My original interest came about because, as a kid I remember seeing some jungle movies, that I don't think had actual nudity but I knew there were some that did. I probably saw trailers (called previews then) that made me think there would be topless native girls or Tarzan-girl types.

I have Tarzana the Wild Girl, and it is available here - VSOM has it but I got mine from Sinister Cinema, which I recommend as being cheaper. Only problem, they sent me the VHS instead of the DVD. I enjoyed the movie very much and wish now I had the DVD. Your description of "chances to ogle naked white girls in junglekini bottoms" is dead-on. This chick is cute, she was 16 or 17, and the bottom is not even a thong - just a triangle in front and a string up the back. This is exactly what I was searching for, from my childhood movie-going experience.
I've never bought Liane because I couldn't find any reports on it. Doesn't sound as good as Tarzana, from your description.

I had forgotten about Papillon (a great flick - one of my favorites, and with two of my favorite actors, McQueen and Hoffman. BTW it's a true story and book is a great read). That one I might be able to find. In fact, the Marlon Brando reference I made may have actually been to this movie - it seems like the island girl was his daughter or something. Anyway, thanks for that.

Thanks for the Hawaii info - I actually just read something about that movie, somewhere. I'll try to find it - hopefully in the best version.
I've seen Shaka Zulu - it's a rental, but I don't remember too many shots.

Quest for Fire is a really good movie in itself, there is some pre-historic nudity.

I even have a DVD called CaveGirl. There is some unusually ugly nudity by prehistoric types (as well as fart humor), and some nice nudity by the main CaveGirl actress, but unfortunately it's bathing, not going around topless.

I've seen At Play in the Fields of the Lord, another good movie. There is supposed to be some decent Daryl Hannah nudity, but I don't remember any. Of course, my eyes were scarred forever by the Kathy Bates nudity - which I think was a body double, which is a scary thought in itself.

I know the Cannibal flick you mention, but haven't seen it. I've seen Emmanuelle in the Amazon on DVD, and I think there were some topless native girls there, too.

I have some others with varying degrees - such as Trader Hornee, which should have had lots of naked natives, but didn't.

Oh yeah, I've seen Tennesse Buck, and the scene where Kathy Shower gets taken from behind by the village chief is great. I don't remember any native girls, however.

I have a movie (have to find it to find the title) where some adventurers have a contest in the jungle, but a woman disguises herself as a man to compete. Later, they are captured by natives (some toplessness here) and about to be sacrificed - so she "changes from a man to woman" to show she is a GOD and shouldn't be killed. Lame premise, I know, but she has to go topless to do it. Even though she wore a ridiculous disguise and an obviously fake beard and didn't look anything like a man, it was neat to see the other adventurer's reactions to seeing her topless.

With that unbelievably long post (hopefully of use to anyone else looking for Naked Natives) - I'll put this topic to bed.

Post subject: Nudity in PG Movies, and ratings rant.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:33 pm 
I guess it could be Nudity in PG or PG-13 movies. For some reason, I'm always surprised by nudity if the rating doesn't allow for it.

So much is made about nudity in movies - what earns an R? What makes it NC-17 or Unrated? Does male nudity get a higher rating than female nudity? What if it's non-sexual? Is nudity bad? Is nudity alone enough to kick a rating up? How about more nudity - higher rating? Uncle Scoopy says that once you get an R-Rating, the boobs are free.
First, I've seen lots of Full-frontal female AND male nudity in R-Rated movies, but that's for another post. I've seen some Full-Frontal in PG-13 movies, if not PG. That may be for another post too, but now for some examples:

PG movies with clear nudity
Logan's Run - just watched this DVD, which has to be one of my all-time favorite Sci-Fi movies. I knew about some of the nudity, but was surprised. Here's the breakdown.
Jenny Augutter - nice nakedness under a sheer outfit. I didn't think you could actually see anything, but there is a quick butt flash. Also, in one scene, the light hits just right, and you can see not only that she is naked underneath, but that she is shaved. It's real quick but with the pause you can confirm. Her swimming scene showed nothing. Her best nudity comes when they are changing in the Ice House. I had completely forgotten this scene --if it was even in the theatre version. She peels off and you get a good look at her boobs in two separate shots - and a nice butt shot. Clear nudity.
There's some nudity in the sex scene with the outcasts, but very hard to see anything. BTW Uncle Scoopy says today that there is clear nudity in Barbarella (another Sci-Fi flick rated PG).
Hair - Beverly DeAngelo gets naked, I think showing breasts and buns, but it's been a long time since I saw this. The musical was supposed to have some additional hippy-chick nudity, but I don't think any of this was in the movie version.
I remember a movie called the Invisible Kid that had some locker room nudity, and I think it showed two boys naked when they came back in view from being invisible. Again, surprising for a PG.

PG-13 Don Juan DeMarco A nice butt scene early in a flashback, and some full-nudity and plenty of toplessness in the Harem scene. I recently watched this on DVD (recommended) and found, in addition to the long shots, a closer Full-frontal look at two girls as the scene changes to show DJD standing on the stairs. Amazing for a PG-13.

I have another movie where a high school girl is a Karate expert, and goes on a revenge kick (bad pun). There is a totally gratuitous topless scene of a girl undressing in the locker room.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:07 pm 
12-string

Location: Mumbai West (the Unofficial Home of Padmini Kolhapure)
I also got my "Tarzana" from Sinister, though it was before the offered the choice of media. This was on their moratorium list 2 or 3 years ago (I think because of the retro copyright extension on foreign films). Seems to me it was also listed as a moratorium title at SWV, though I didn't even know they carried it! Someone has said that all the reissues are from the same 16mm print.

"Liane" ditto from Sinister, which always cites it as their best-selling jungle title. It's quite tame, all in all, with story of topless jungle girl (you get a few good looks at her) who turns out to be the missing heir of a Hamburg gazillionaire. Marion Michaels is pretty cute, though more teen model of the 50s-looking than Femi ("That's worth seven years in Attica!") Benussi.

I can't find my ex-rental of "Lovely But Deadly" -- it's an extra, who does the totally grat skin scene isn't it? Pam Bryant, from Pb, is the bad girl but I don't remember her being called on to strip.

News to me, but "Alley Cat" appears to be available on cheap DVD, and I intend to replace my SLP dub-from-rental. This was not-bad karate sleaze with one of the best and longest "hooker in handcuffs" scenes of its day. So far I haven't traced a DVD of "Bad Girls Dormitory," whose reissue is seriously overdue -- dare we hope for a Frances Raines boxed set?

MVS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:00 am 
novice member

Have thanks: 0 time
Rapa Nui, with the gorgeous Sandrine Holt as a girl living on Easter Island when the statues were being erected. She is also nude (less clearly) in Black Robe, playing a Great Lakes Indian in the 17th century. Both good films, as well as nice eye candy.

Post subject: Roots
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:51 pm 
The classic TV mini-series Roots had some topless African women near the beginning. Yup, bare breasts in plain sight on prime time American commercial TV!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:11 pm 
The good thing about 'Emerald Forest' is that many of the native girls, including the main native girl character, are amazingly good looking and in great shape. This can't be said of all native girls. They look pretty young too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:35 am 
novice member

Levesongower wrote:
The good thing about 'Emerald Forest' is that many of the native girls, including the main native girl character, are amazingly good looking and in great shape. This can't be said of all native girls. They look pretty young too.

As one of my friends said at the time, they all look like they just wandered out of an issue of Penthouse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:19 pm 

To revive an old topic.... I ordered Liane to add to my collection. It's pretty good, limited nudity like the reviews say. I already have Tarzana the Wild Girl, and the Jungle movie with Vanity and the Ape. I also have a light bondage/soft-core movie called The Wild Girl that is very good.
Then I see the link to Donnasdvds.com and they list several Blue Lagoon or topless/loin-cloth type movies, all involving young girls. Most I can't find any reviews from and so I hesitate to try any.
A specific question - they say they have the German version of Liane, with more nudity which was cut from the American version. In the version I have (English soundtrack), her hair mostly covers her toplessness. There is a swimming scene where you briefly see her boobs. Does anyone know the difference in the German/English versions, as to nudity?
Here's the link which has several of these movies, and the second one has the German Liane version:
http://www.donnasdvds.com/exploit1.html
http://www.donnasdvds.com/exploit2.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:39 am 

The IMDB lists only one runtime = 88 min, and lists no alternate versions. Your review, of the "German" version dubbed in English, sounds like the one I have. Also, there would be no English version other than a dubbed one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:38 pm 

Have thanks: 2 times
Like previously said almost every Cannibal movie is loaded with nude "natives"...here are some of the best I've seen.

Cannibal Holocaust
Jungle Holocaust
Cannibal Ferox
Mountain of the Cannibal God (also Ursela Andress is completely naked and being painted orange by 2 topless natives, YUM!)
Emanuelle and the Last of the Cannibals
Eaten Alive (in addition to the random nudity the beautiful Janet Agren gets painted gold by some topless natives, What is it with hot chicks getting painted in these movies? LOL)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:33 pm 

Have thanks: 19 times
Klaus Kinski raises an army of near-naked African women in Herzog's spectacular Cobra Verde (1987). There's also a memorable topless gospel choir.

I was looking for some pics but couldn't find anything really representative. This one is nice, though I think a publicity still.

http://www.tuxamoon.de/Tux_static/Wort/Artikel/Klaus_Kinski_2.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:33 pm 

The previews at the end of a movie I recently rented included a trailer for Slavers, a Britt Ekland film from 1976. I love previews that have nudity and this one did, including what looked like a native revolt where the white wife or girlfriend of one of the main characters gets stripped and raped out of revenge. Some topless natives are featured too. Anyone seen this one?